Lathe Made Pike Bobber - First Effort. . . .😊

This is the first float to come off my new mini lathe.

Its an old style

" Pike Bobber Float "

for live and dead baiting.

It is a steep learning curve but, at last,
I feel I have something to show all of you. 😊

Cork bodied (turned by myself ) with a birch stem.
Jay feather inlay with two  satelliting jungle cock feathers.
Fluorescent pink paint and a brass eye.

This is how it looked fresh off the lathe . . . .

As I said its a steep learning curve for me:

1) Using a lathe. 

2) Working with cork.

Both had their challenges but a feel I have come out of the other side with a pretty good effort.

With a little more practise I feel I can get this pattern looking a much better.

This is how it looks now.

What do you think ? 😊





Any constructive criticism is always welcome.

Until the next time . . .

 TTFN . . . .




Peanut.

If you would like to look at all of the hand crafted floats I make please click on the link below and it will take you to my float page.


Join Salford Friendly Anglers for free and help us fight pollution.

http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/join/














Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon