A Sneaky Ebay Purchase For The Winter Months . . . . 😉

I have been a
“ Bad Lad "
  on Ebay again . 
😈

An Abu 506M Closed Face Real has been on my hit list for a while now for silver fishing on rivers in the winter months.
Today I took delivery of one.


It is in good condition and ready to use even though it is over 30 years old . . . .
😲

I decided to change the line of course, so,  I took a trip to
 “ Elton Tackle “ in Radcliffe
 and purchased  two spools of Prestons Reflow Line.
One spool for the mainline on the real and another, lighter spool for hook lengths.
I prefer pre-stretched lines on closed face reels. They do not have the longevity of some of the standard lines but presentation it vastly improved when the pre-stretched are used as mainlines.
I currently have an Abu704, but, from now on it will use this with heavier pre-stretched lines on the Irwell for the big chub and monster brown trout.
May be the ribble if I am feeling brave. . .
Lol

To aid in presentation I apply some silicone spray to the line to help it float and also to peel off the spool more easily.
Just spray the silicone on a small piece of cloth. Fold the silicone covered cloth over the line once you have reached the end of your trot and real in. Apply more silicone to the cloth when needed.

Alternatively you can spray the spool of the reel spool where the line is, but, be careful not to overdose it.
If you do the spool & line will then become sticky and detrimentally affect the line pay out when trotting and casting.

A very usefully trick when float fishing on a river.

What tips do you have for float fishing on the river ?

Until the next time . . .

 TTFN . . . .




Peanut.

If you would like to look at all of the hand crafted floats I make please click on the link below and it will take you to my float page.


Join Salford Friendly Anglers for free and help us fight pollution.

http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/join/

Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon