Salford Pete-Commercial Bagging

It was high time my dad and I had a fishing session together so after work we popped down to my local commercial carp fishery in Yorkshire.

I recently purchased a new rod for 

"Salford Pete"

I opted for a 13ft Korum Glide, ideal for my dads style of fishing and quite robust incase if any accidental knocks.

So, with his new bit if kit my old man was itching to wet a line.

I helped set him up 

(Purely for speed as it was 17.00 when we arrived)

on his Bodied Antenea Waggler which I made for him which he loves for maggot fishing.

I lumped in three jaffers of my special commie ground bait mix so dad could just flick maggots in over the top and catch anything that came around.

Due to the short time we had (3 hrs) I decided to cocentrate on one line down the left hand side. 

My attack was three Jaffers of special commie mix, half a pint of hemp plus a few grains of corn. I also had some paste mix I made up in case they were a little hesitant taking corn.

Before I could wet a line in anger Salford Shouts 

"Son, I need some help with the landing net".

I trotted over and dutifully assissted him as he drew his first fish over the waiting landing net. As I showed him his first fish of the day there was a great big beam on his face......" I like it here" he said and we both chuckeld.

I un-hooked his fish, a lively 2 lb ish common

A few snaps were taken and she was slipped back in.

I said ..... "Do you mind if I start fishing now". He just chuckled joking that he will be needing a bigger net.....lol.

I got back to my fishing, altered my rig depth, banged on some corn and started fishing.
The float I was using was an Irwell Stick.
I have found these very usfull on commcial waters as a down the side float when using corn or paste.


First chuck i was into a carp which I pulled out of.
😞
Second chuck I was in again this time the Harrison Stepped Up Waggler Rod and the Bob James pin didn't let me down and I had a fin perfect common of around three pounds in the net.
(Thanks for the pic dad)
I must be honest I wasn't really bothered about the fishing, I was just glad to be out fishing with my dad in a beautifull part of the world.
😊
After that it was litrally a carp a cast for me. 
I have never really experienced anything like it as I do not fish commercials very often !!!!!!!
My rthym was broke on occation with Salford Petes cry of ....
"Mike.....land this for me".......appart from that I was litrally bagging up.
I lost a few fish because the pre-streched hook length just couldn't handle the wear and tear so ended up going straight through with 6 lb line and a 16's hook.




I stopped counting after forty five carp ranging from one and a half pounds to four pounds, thats not counting the silvers and had a concervative, essimated weight of 
80 - 90 lb 
in 3 hrs.
My old man ended up with around fifteen pounds and loved it, catching silvers all night on his new waggler rod, his rythem occationaly interupted by a maruding carp.
(Dads float for the session)


Another great day on a fantastic fishery.
An hour after we packed up we were both in he pub enjoying a well deseved pint.
Cheers dad, lets do it again soon before the nights really close in.


TTFN



  Peanut. 

Please subscribe if you would like regular updates of my adventures with the floats I make.

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Salford Friendly Anglers...........Its FREE  
!!!!!!! 



Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

Lathe Made Pike Bobber - First Effort. . . .😊