Roach On The Res With John Derbyshire

I have been meaning to go roach and bream fishing with John Derbyshire for 
AGES 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We finally got to go a couple of weeks ago. Conditions where far from ideal.
Flat calm weather did not help either if us.
John was on the tip and I opted for the waggler.
The waggler was one of my own, a foot long, glow in the dark, straight, loaded waggler to be more accurate.
I have wanted to try it out for ages and today was the day.
John mixed a few kilos of ground bait while I set up my two float approaches.
Waggler as mentioned previously and a short perch swim using chopped worm and a perch bobber about a rod length out.

It was a slow start.
!!!!!!!
John was picking up quite a few fish on the tip but I was struggling.
At five rodlengths out I was fishing double red maggot on the bottom at nine feet deep.
I had NOTHING for an hour.
!!!!!!!!!!!
John had around 5 lb by now and was giving me some stick.
" Looks like your flashy floats aren't working today Peanut "
Said the 
Ed Shearan look a like to my left
!!!!!!!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
" There is time yet Ginger one " I replied.
More than a little worried as I had never fished this water before and it was
Johns home turf.

An hour and a quarter into the session I was still biteless
!!!!!!!!!!
A quick change to the short perch line and I was finally into some fish.
Two perch in quick succession saw me save the blank.
That took the pressure off.
Lol
🤣
After twenty minutes on the perch line I was again struggling.
I changed back to the roach line and started getting a few decent fish . . . .
finally.
!!!!!!!!!
By this time John was into the bream.
At around 2 lb they were well worth the effort.
I caught steadily then for the next two hours chasing the roach up and down the water column but struggled to really get them going

John finished with about 15 - 18 lb.
Poor for the res.
I had about 8lb.
All roach and perch.
I did manage a roach over a pound which I was very happy with.
Gotta have some much larger in there.
😉
 


John informed me it fished really poorly today. He had wanted me to fish it to see what was possible on the float line as he always fishes it on the tip so we both learnt a thing or two and will be back armed with much heavier and longer wagglers next time.
😁

TTFN


Peanut.

If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link.

Join our club......Its FREE !!!!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon