River Irwell Chub Fishing - Peanut & Eagal - Like Old Times - 02/01/2015

A BaldEagal - A Chub - And A Little Jigg.



I have been fishing and drinking with John Doran AKA Baldeagal on and off for over 30 years, so, we are good mates as well fishing buddies.

Today on The Chub Peg.


In the Welcome Pub - Whitefield.


From Left To Right, Me, Eagal & Horlicks.

I love the Irwell even though its bloody hard going. Eagle gets out on it in the winter months sometimes but he hasn' t been on for a while - think he was a bit jealous of the chub I have bagged this season to be honest.....lol, anyway, I received a text off the Eagle saying he was going to have a dangle on the River Irwell for the chub. He had a two hour window to bag one. Not a lot of time but enough to have a good go at one peg. 

I was a little late arriving at Eagles peg - I was on a Black Opps session for the pike in the reservoir above the river.


"How you diddling Eagal" I shouted as I approached his peg though the bushes. His behatted bald napper turned around to face me with what I can only describe as the biggest, cheesiest grin I have ever seen on his dumpty like dome. " What have you had then. " Don't keep me waiting " says I. He smiles and says " One about 4 the other about 5 lb. I asked him what the fish were expecting him to say trout but the reply was " No mate, both chub" He then proceeded to do a little jigg and make a song up about how shit I was at fishing.........pmsl

After we had both stopped pissing our sides he gets his phone out and shows me pictures of two beautiful pristine chub, big buggers to.

River Irwell chub.


Eagle had both fish on quiver tipped bread flake.


These are good fish from any river never mind the Irwell.

People travel miles for specimens like these and they are right on our door step, so, get your gear and get fishing.


" You will catch nowt if your not out "


Me and my 10g lure rod  had a do on the reservoir. It was like Ice Station Zebra. I froze my little peanuts off but I eventually did get one hook up and she was a decent fish. With my clutch singing and the wind freezing my face I didn' t give her enough respect near the net and she broke me Gutted aren't the words and I lost my only fish of the day - Glad I nipped the barbs off the lure before fishing - I estimated her at 12 - 15 lbs. I might have broke my pb of a lure caught pike If I would of landed her. It stands at 12lbs, an Irish fish from the Shannon. I was with BaldEagle on that holiday too but that's another tail.


Join Salford Friendly Anglers For Free.





TTFN

PEANUT













Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon