Salford Friendly Anglers Cristmas Party

Salford Friendly Anglers Cristmas Party.

http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/

I did a bit of smoozing with the Mrs after my little drunken escapade at Eric Owens ManCave and attended the Salford Friendly Anglers Christmas Doo last night at The Kings Arms,Salford. Casterman very kindly volunteered to drive and we arrived in good time.


The pub has a very famous owner apparantly......Paul Heaton / House Martins / Beautifull South. Although "Happy Hour" is the only song we would wish to here in his establishment.......pmsl

Heineken  Export was my ruin for the night. A very agreeable tipple but at £3.90 a pint I wasn't going home rolling drunk.....good job 😉

After some club business regarding possible new venue aquisitons, rivers and canals, it was full steam ahead into the fishing quiz.

The Gathering. Not a free seat in the House........


Phil Clayton "Roachman" S.F.A. secutary was quiz master for the night. He is an absolute mine of information regarding anything piscatorial, especially the River Irwell past & present. Jay SS was our captain and to be fair answered most of the questions on his own. Cheers Jay.

From left to right - Jay SS, Phil Clayton, Casterman.

Roachman & Casterman.......& half a Meddy Man.......sorry Dave.

I can not write any subsequent supurlatives regarding Mr Claytons knowlege or his head may not fit in his little black bobble hat........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only kidding pal. You did a grand job.

As you know from my previous post, mine and Castermans current project is float making and sneakily, I neglected to inform him that I had completed a prototype "big bait" waggler and scribed a personal message on the base of the float just for him as a Christmas present...................lol



His fist words were " Did you make that lad" I think he thought I had bought it off the Internet so I am assuming he was reasonably impressed. Its not the finished article yet. I think I am about 80% there. I am still not happy about the eye attachment at the base of the float. Any ideas would be most welcome?



The best fish winner 2014 was won by Gary Gorman for a 22lb Common Carp.Fished for and caught. A bottle of Brandy was the prize for his hard work. Well done Gary. A worthy winner in my opinion.

Gary Gorman first on the left.

A fish and chip supper followed which soaked up the first three pints. The usual banter ensued. Showing off our years captures and adventures good and bad. I still have a lot of catching up to do. Some of these anglers are really good and with there help I might just become one if them.

Luke Muscat showing off some fishy pics .

Myself and Dave Parr  "The Meddy Man" always end up meeting at the bar (Not that we are piss heads or anything lol). Dave asked if I was planning on a little drinking escaped in town after the doo but, although I would normaly have participated I didn't want to upset the little lady at home after my recent Mancave madness, hopefully another time Dave.

Great minds think a like and later I messaged Dave on fb when I reached Cootes towers. The message sent to Dave reviled the picture below.

My night cap. Full bodied red...😋

Daves reply was seconds later :

LMAO

In general a good doo was had by all and long may it continue.



TTFN

Peanut.


PS : My old man " Salford Pete" could not make it and is in bed with the lergie. He was gutted he couldn't come.......












Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon