Who's Been A Bad Lad On Ebay Then..........lol 😂

Closed face reels are not for everyone. As a float angler however like them immensely.
😁
These reels are great for catching silvers with on the float but they have a reputation of being poor for specimen fish due to the poor drag associated with the design.
This model may change all that though.
We shall see! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

All my other closed face reels are Abu's.
I have a 506 M for finer fishing
( up to 3 lb line )
A 704 for medium fishing
( up to 5 lb line )
&
I have just splashed out on an
 Abu 507 Mk2.
( 5 lb plus . . . )
It's for barbel and big chub really and for just £45 new with three spare spools it was just to good a bargain for me to miss out on.
😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉
I much prefer a closed face reel for trotting in the wind.
Casting is much quicker and easier using this type of reel and it is easier to strike when stick fishing, for me anyway.
A couple of my pals have 507 MK2 and have landed double figure barbel and 5 lb plus chub on it.
 
 
 
 

506M

704


I am going to have a play with it on running water asap.
Lets hope I can hit some lumps to give it a proper test.
😁

Until the next time. . . . . 

TTFN

Peanut.


If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link.

Join our club......Its FREE !!!!!!!
http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/join/






Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon