Norfolk Reed Loaded G.I.T.D. Straight Waggler.

I have never worked with 
" Norfolk Reed "
before.
So when I was very kindly offered some from a fellow float maker I was quite eager to have a play.
I did, indeed, have a play but unfortunately the float has been left un-fishished for quite a few months.
In the last few weeks I have re-visited this little project and finished of the job.
It was a pretty straight forward build for me to be honest.
I decided to load the this float to aid with balance while casting .
It will be fished mid river 
in deep water on three wide stretches of the River Ribble, Weaver and the Mersey, may be even the Trent if I get my act together ay Jordan !
😉
I made the tip extra long so the float can be under shotted, the extra tip length above the water will also help dislodge the hook bait from small snags as it travels down stream along the river bed.
I decided to use blue as one of the main thread colours this time plus gold, black and violet.
Two feathers were added for decoration in the two separate sections of the float.

The float was internally loaded with a
non-corrosive metal rod.
This loaded the float by approximately 50 % which will also give me the option of using the float as a sliding float for depths of  over fourteen feet. The loading will help the float travel at the same speed as the shots when casting.
This will help alleviate tangles when casting.

I used a
" Glow In The Dark Yellow Paint "
for the tip because the stretches I will be fishing have dark surfaces.
Not much sky is reflected on the waters surface so this float will stick out like a sore thumb at twilight.
😁
The quarry for this float will mainly roach and chub. 
I will be fishing both on the drop and over depth with maggots, casters and bread.
It will also double up as a distance tench and bream float for deep water, so,
I have two for one.
😉
This is the longest float I will be making from Norfolk Reed at 13 inches long.
I will however be making some of the same length both loaded and un-loaded plus a few smaller versions.
Two are already half made up for
Casterman & Ribble Pete.
😁

I really enjoy using new raw materials
and
Norfolk Reed
will now be a firmly in my float making armoury.
I have a few ideas.
😉

Until the next time. . . . .

TTFN

Peanut.


If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link.

Join our club......Its FREE !!!!!!!

http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/join/












Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon