New Lathe Purchase - Way Out Of My Comfort Zone !!!!!!!!

Having purchased a small lathe from ebay I decided I would buy a much larger one. Myself and my dad enjoyed using a lathe immensely.

We were watching one on ebay when the final day for bidding came.

Just my luck !!!!!!!!!

My snipe site wont let me use it so we had to do it the old fashioned way.
With 8 seconds on the clock I put our bid in and looked at my old man and crossed our fingers...................

Then the notification had come . . . . . . . . .

WE HAD WON IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a whoop, whoop and a little jig from my dad
( which is no mean feet as he is 73 years young )

we contacted the seller and arranged to meet up next Monday.

While I was at work my dad frantically cleaned up a workspace for the new lathe as it is about ten times bigger than the one I had first used.

My uncle Dave , who likes to play with his wood !!!!!!!

heard about our purchase via my dad and offered to transport the lathe in his Skoda  Yettie as it was bigger the both mine and my dads car. So we planed to meet up at dinner time on Monday at my dads then off to pick up the new lathe.

Monday was a struggle as we had a family meal at my dads on Sunday and were a little worse for ware in the morning........
A good job Uncle Dave was driving then......lol.

The journey to went by the numbers and we arrived in good time.
The Seller, Roy, had kindly left his double gates open so we could back the car up the drive so the lathe could be loaded more easily.

Roy was a lovely old fella but unfortunately he had developed a tremor in his left hand and could know longer use his lathe. He showed us how to use it and do the basics which was reasonable straight forward. He then showed us what else came with our purchase. The amount of fee kit he gave use was  quite overwhelming. Books , chucks , chisels . . . . U name it and it was added to the list. . . . .
I couldn't believe the amount of free kit he gave us . . . . . 

He just said   . . . . 

" Its know good to me know lad. I am just glad it has found a good home ".

We packed up the Yettie with our new lathe and all the free stuff, thanked Roy once more and headed home.

It took my dad and Uncle Dave a few days to sort out the space for the lathe.
We also changed our minds where we were going to place it.

It took us much longer than anticipated to get the lathe up and running but after a great deal of hard work. . . .
( Mainly from my dad )

She was in place, at the right height.
All that was needed was for the on / off box to be fitted below the lathe.

and . . . . . . . . .  here she is.
😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Salford Pete & Uncle Dave
Pre - Instalation
Admiring their handy work.
( New Bench )
It will make body forming for
 floats
much simpler.
😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
I will be able to tackle almost everything with this piece of kit. . . within reason.😁
There are many new pieces that I will attempt over the next year. If I deam them any good I will post a blog and let you all take a peak for yourselves.
I may even try a bit of bowl making . . . . . . Lol.

 . . . . . . . . . .

 A big thank you to Uncle Dave and especially this fella.
My dad.

Without his help and encouragement no of this would be possible.
Thanks dad.
😊

Until the next time . . . . .

TTFN


Peanut

If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link. 😊

http://purplepeanut007.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/handcrafted-floats-2017.html?m=1

Join our club......IT' S FREE !!!!!!!

salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/join/






Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon