Trudex Centerpin Restoration - Should I Or Shouldn't I ?????

A while ago I was given an old " Youngs Trudex " centerpin reel by Derek Kenyon.
( AKA Casterman ) It was in very poor condition when I initially received it and would not spin one full revolution but with a little time and research I have managed to turn it into MORE than a decent runner, in fact, with a little more work I think it will be my "  go to " reel for short Irwell sessions this summer
 ( If I can get away from work ....lol ).

I placed it on my state of the art Drennen Acolyte Plus. They felt made for each other. The balance was REALLY good but I will hold judgement until I can test drive the pair on the opening day of the river season.

If I do not get chance to go to Bridgenorth on the River Severn then the pair will get their first date on the River Ribble or if staying local the River Irwell .......
( Little Britain Anglers )

Here is the Trudex. Spins well enough for a test drive I think....😊




Here is a quick video to show you where I am up to. 
Click the picture to watch the video......😉
 There is still a chance that this reel may get a full refurbishment, although it may be my " Merlin " that gets the treatment, not by me but a friend of mine who is someone with a lot more experience than I at refurbishing centepin reels.

Victor Homewood is his name. Check out his work on Facebook. 😉

This is my " Merlin " on its first trip out last spring. I was testing out a new float as well as the reel.

The " Sneaky Lifter "   float   😉

Victor has very kindly offered to do the refurbishment for me.
Many thanks my friend.
😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊


If you would like to look at all of the hand crafted floats I make please click on the link below and it will take you to my float page.

TTFN



Peanut.

Join Salford Friendly Anglers for free and help us fight pollution on the River Irwell.

http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/join/






Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon