Canal Fishing With The Castermen

 Hi all,

I have just spent a wonderful afternoon with Derek Kenyon A.K.A. 

"The Casterman"

I was a little late to our meet and managed to miss most of the peg clearing Derek had carried out......Sorry pal 😆

But i did move a lot of the debris so we could fish which made me feel.a.little less guilty.

I promise to be on time in the future m8.

🙄

We both started of on Loaded Antennae Wagglers fishing the count down method using no 4 droppers but after two hours with various shot pattern changes we had one chewed maggot between us to show for it.

Derek made the descision to move while I carried on in the original swim.

After 30 mins in his new swim Derek let me know he has found the fish and that I should move up steam so we fish together.

By the time I set up Derek had caught 6 beautifully conditioned roach. I decided to opt for a new float one made in 2022, in green & one I made this year, stained but have not had the time to test either if them before today.

A carbon Stem, Shouldered, 6 No 4 Stick Float.

My set up for the stick float was a 15ft Drennan Ultralite.

An Abu 1044

3.6lb main line.

2.2lb bottom.

I missed the first few bites then connected with this fantasticly conditiond roach.....it was around 7 oz , not big by any means but proof Derek had found the fish once again. 



Fin perfect this next fish.
😊
Derek fished the ouside line for the last hour of light that we had and I the inside line as we were that close together.
I also had a lovely Rudd, the fist from this venue.
I also had a dace and chub which I forgot to take pictures of.

Derek also had a decent Gudgeon...something new for both of us from here.....but alsa no pictures as it was now to dark !!!!!

It is easier to blank on this venue than catch so we where both happy with the first effort of the season here.

We both also vowed to be back when its a little warmer and the fish are more active.

In the mean time I need to go and catch some tench with Salford Pete. 😁

TTFN.

    Peanut.

Please subscribe if you would like regular updates of my adventures with the floats I make.

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Salford Friendly Anglers...........Its FREE  
!!!!!!! 



Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Lathe Made Pike Bobber - First Effort. . . .😊

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon