Perch Bobbers - Old School & Sliding

 Morning all,

I have gone a little out of my comfort zone with this pair of.......

"Perch Bobbers - Old School & Sliding"

New paint and a new pattern were the order of the day for these two builds.


Ths old school float is made of hard wood and balsa with black and gold threads.
The slider is aso balsa with a hollow tube fitted down the center of the float to enable it to slide up an down to use a greater depth.







I think I will run out of time this season for a river perch but we always have the still waters to play with !!!!!
When my old man saw these two floats he said
" I remember that float pattern. 
I used to fish on Soapy Toms near Fredrick Road Canal in Salford and catch perch as a kid, I was about 10, that would be in the early fiftys and a perch bobber was the first float I bought you to".

What a great little story !!!


TTFN.


    Peanut.

Please subscribe if you would like regular updates of my adventures with the floats I make.

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Salford Friendly Anglers...........Its FREE  
!!!!!!! 



Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon