Hunting Wild Stream Roach with Adam Mack

 Hi all,

After a fishing free month for me

(to much going on at home and work)

I finally manage to get out this weekend with Adam Mack.

We fished a new stretch of river to Adam and a totally new river for me.

Both fishing Irwel Sticks

(Adams standard & mine a loaded stick) our targets for the day where roach and chub.

I have not seen Adam for ages so we had plenty of catching up to do.

I love exploring new stretches of river and this session didn't dissapoint me.

Fighting our way through ivy and dense nettle beds we found a lovely glide with a little more depth than the rest of the small stretch we had found.

I stayed on the run introducing free offerings of liquidised bread and maggots while Adam nipped back to the car for the gear......

Fifteen minutes later Adam comes creeping along the bank like a heavily burdend ninja trying to keep as quiet as possible while carrying two lots of roving gear.

😆

 "Any signs of fish Mike" 

said Adam as we were both altering the depths of our rigs.

" No mate, nothing but this looks deeper and really fishy.....I think we will catch" I dropped my float in the stream just below the over hanging nettle stems. As the Irwell Stick reach the crease near the eddy the float disappeared an I hit a surprising bit of resistance!!!!

 A large flash of silver gave us both clue of the fishes identity and a minute later she was in the net....

"Wow Adam.....look at the size of that roach from this little, stream, she is a belter...... she has got to be twelve ounces surely".

"Yea man, deffo......you didn't expect that did you..... "Neither did I " !!!!! 

" I bet these fish have never been caught before" said a grinng Adam as he slipped the net under another beautiful, winter roach.

Below is a picture of some of the beautifull roach we caught. The pictures do not do them justice!!!









We saved a few fish in the landing net for pictures you see above then the fish where quickly released.
It was a bite a chuck for the next hour fishing side by side on such a small stream.....it must have been black with roach.
A shame we did't have more time Adam.....may be on the next session we can spend more time there. 
😉🤣


 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The chub fishing however didn't go as planed.

Adam managed a fine fish over 3lb first cast but after that we struggled. I managed to get a few nice snaps for him nonetheless.


A really good day regardless of the cold !!!! and its always a pleasure to be in Adams company.

Adam,
I promise to fish the tree peg on the Irwell next June.

(There you go Adam, its in black and white m8 🤣)

TTFN



  Peanut. 

Please subscribe if you would like regular updates of my adventures with the floats I make.

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Salford Friendly Anglers...........Its FREE  
!!!!!!! 





Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon