A Silver Doller Race Peanut Vs The Casterman

 Morning All,

I have been itching to try my New/Old Drennan DRX so Casterman threw down an another silver doller race challange which I readily excepted.

We both decided on re-visiting the same river we had our first roach match on where I was well beaten.

Link below.

https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2017/10/peanut-vs-casterman-silver-dolla-race.html

Our target species was obviously wild roach but on this new stretch there was a chance of a few lumps so geared up accordingly.

Initially we both opted to fish the bollo/avon....but, after a frustrating hour with the wind tearing up the river I switched to 4AAA Slate Grey Antennae Waggler with instant results !!!!!!

Derek was not far behind me with the float change but he opted for the sliding waggler.

1.5 hrs into the session we started putting together a few fish....stamp roach to be exact...derek could not keep the smile of his face.....he's roach mad....lol.

As it is a new stetch to us a little experimenting was in order. Derek fed lightly and I fed heavily with ground bait hemp and maggots.

We both caught roach steadily through out the day and had a couple of chub pushing a pound and a half. Derek also had a few big perch around the same size.





Derek lost a big lump through a hook pull, such a shame as it would have been lovely to catch a big fish from the new stretch.

(Something to go back for Derek)

I really enjoyed the day. 

It ws a great laugh with pal I dont go fishing with enough.

We both worked hard, ringing the changes to keep the bites coming so when we weighed in we felt like we both earnt it.

The Drennan DRX performed well but need to feel what its like with a bigger fish on really.

I was also pleased with the 4 AAA Slate Grey Antennae Waggler and plan to make some more up in Hunter Green.

At the big weigh in Derek weighed in at

 20 lb 9 oz.


I weighed in at 

19 lb 6oz.....

Derek was putting his scales away when I noticed we missed a few fish in my net...a stamp roach and a few 4 ounzers.....

"Get um back quick Mike we will call it a draw" said The Casterman chuckling.

So there you have it......

A draw !!!!!!!

A good excuse to have another little knock up Derek.

Tight lines everyone.


TTFN



  Peanut. 

Please subscribe if you would like regular updates of my adventures with the floats I make.

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Salford Friendly Anglers...........Its FREE  
!!!!!!! 



Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon