Small, Fat Tipped, Avons For The Shallows

 Hi all,

This weeks offerings are

"Small, Fat Tipped, Avons"

11 centemetres long.

for fishing shallow runs.....very usefull with the weather we are having the last couple of years.


Simply made with balsa, hardwood paint & stain....these floats are an alternative to the Irwell sticks being narrower in the tip, fatter in the body have a reduced density stem and will take more shot down the line compared to the sticks.


Finished in 50% and 100% slate grey I am hoping to get out myself for some fish and float pics on a Yorkshire River.

These avons will give me some motivation to get out and fish a new stretch of River Derwent I have been looking at since the spring.


I will be pairing the floats with my Bob James Pin and fishing a fast, shallow, well oxygenated stretch of the river in search of chub and barbel but centainly wont complain if I bag some silvers, a river gudgeon is always a nice surprise to if I am lucky enough to bag one.......We shall see.

Ps: I have been talking to a pal of mine. Craig suggested I make a loaded version taking only a few number 4s for a more natural presentation. This will enable him to fish partical baits with a more natural drop though the water colume.....that will be my next task.


TTFN



  Peanut. 

Please subscribe if you would like regular updates of my adventures with the floats I make.

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Salford Friendly Anglers...........Its FREE  
!!!!!!! 


Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon