Yellow, Large, Thick Tipped, Teardrop Avons

 Hi All,

I was asked to make a some floats for barbel and chub fishing in faster runs on the River Ribble.

 The preference was Avons and Sticks.

Below are the first set of floats requested.

Three

"Large, Thick Tipped, Teardrop Avons"


Added the pound coin for scale purposes.




This is a pattern I have never used on the ribble myself. I always tend to lean to the heavey stick for these situations, however, these three will be ideal trottting the fast, more oxygenated water we have at the moment due to the lack of water.

All three have black and gold whippings with a pastle yellow shoulder finishing with white and fluorescent orange tips. The Avons are made with balsa bodies and hard wood stems. All three floats take approximately 6.4g or 4 swan in old money.

😊


I must admit I did make an extra one to give it a go on the Ribble myself when I get a chance.


PS:
These will finished with a personal inscription today.
😊

TTFN



  Peanut. 

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Its FREE  !!!!!!! 




Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon