First Fishing Trip For My Son In Law

 Hi All,

To my suprise my son in law, Craig has shown a little interest in fishing and asked me if I would take hime for a session !!!!!

I didn't need asking twice !!!!!!

👊💥

 As he has never been fishing before I suggested some where local and shelterd for his first time on a lake. The velue I had in mind would also be a good place for my dad to as the venue was flat with easy access.

I had made a few riggs the night before an prepared all the bait.

It was a new venue but with a little inside information from 

" The Casterman "

I was confident between meyself and my dad we would help Craig catch a few fish.......little did I know it would be a very memorable session with Craig hooked for life.

After explaining the importance of setting the depth correctly and bait presentaion Craig was off fishing, while I nursed a hangover from the Coach & Horses the night before...

🙄🙄🙄🙄😔

With in minuets Craig had his first fish, a nice roach, he was buzzing....

" Wooow.....it only took a few minuets to get one Mike" said Craig as he carefully slipped a 3 oz roach back into to the lake.

"It's a well managed club lake Craig and it's well looked after"

It was great to see Craig enjoying himself, concentrating on the dotted float infront of him. My old man gave me the look that said....." He's hooked for life"

😊👍

After an hour Craigs swim looked like a jacuzy.....bubbles everywhere !!!!

So it was no surprise, on the next bite, the rod hooped round, puching Craigs adrenalin into overdrive !!!!!

I coached / helped him play the fish.....

starting with the now immortal words of ..." DON'T WIND " !!!!

😆😆😆😆

Craig did well for his first time and a small mirror was in the net.

He was really buzzing now.....

" OMG....that was brilliant Mike I can not thank you enough pal"

"Never mind that, get baited up and straight back in" I said while re-baiting his hook.

He had to wait a while for the the next fish but it was worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!

A clasic lift, bob, and a slow pull under, Craig was into a good one. The drag on his reel kicked in, line pulled of the reel in spasmodic jerks, his face was a mask of pure concentration. The fish made some stronge surges towards the floating islands, knowing there was a possible escape route by snogging the line on the submerged anchor ropes.

After a few words of encouragement and a small help in hand Craig had the beast in the net.......






Both my dad and myself look at the fish and smiled at each other. 

If I was fishing the lake that would be job done.

A tench of well over 4 lbs was safely in the landing net.

Craigs face wasa picture of shock and elation !!!!!!

He carefully un-hooked the fish on his bare knees, inside the net as I taught him, not caring at all about the thick slime that now covered his thighs. 

I took a few pics for him an let him suck up the emotions of landing a good tench on his first outing......

 (The lucky sod...lol)

If this session has not got him hooked.....nothing will!!!!!

You will remember this moment for ever Craig.......I said feeling very proud of his achievement............suck it all in and remember it well.

Craig had a few more silvers and would have fished on, as I would of.......but time was ticking ........ I did not want an upset Mrs and an upset daughter on my hands.









What a great day, session two will commence in two weeks time Craig....

be ready.

😉👊💥

TTFN



  Peanut. 

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Its FREE  !!!!!!! 










Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon