Youngs Centerpin - The Christening.

Hi all.

After sorting out  my fishing gear after a two month lay off it was time to christen my new ......

B.J. Centerpin Real.

I fancied a grayling and chub session using my Acolyte Plus for the christening but as I arrived at the tackle shop........

HORROR struck.....

it was Closed !!!!!

" Well, thats that " I thought.

I drove home sulking as the earliest I could get bait was 10.00am Sunday morning.

I gave 

" The Casterman "

a bell to see where he was off to on Sunday and inform him of my situation !!!!!

" Don't worry Mike. I have enough maggots for the both of us ".

With that problem solved we discussed where we were going to fish.

I wasn't to bothered so Casterman chose the Ribble as he was after big roach as per usual !!!!!!

When we arrived it was hammered !!!!!!

We managed to find two un-fancied areas.....not real pegs.....just nice looking glides.

I quickly realised that I didn't have a float in my bag for the job as it was a very deep glide. !!!!

I ended up using an old battered stick float taking 12 No 6 and was still light for the swim.

I balled in six balls of crumb filled with freebies along with a pinch of maggot and hemp every cast then started putting the 

Youngs BJ Centerpin through its paces.


I took me a while to get back into pin fishing as I haven't done any for months.

My first fish on the new pin was a lovely Ribble gudgeon. 

First blood to me.....lol.

Next trot down I hooked into a much better fish with to a little time to subdue in the pacey swim. It was a pristine chub of around 2 lb.

It took a further hour to get any more response!!!!!

A shoal of dace moved in and it was a bite a chuck for the next hour and a half, all where good fish with a spattering of small roach.



I finished up with about 10lb of the best looking fish I have seen so far from the Ribble.
The new pin and a battered old stick float from 3 years ago.
My swim for the day.

Derek was doing well on bread but thats his story and I will let him tell you all. 


TTFN



  Peanut. 

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted  click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2017/01/handcrafted-floats-and-fishing.html?m=1  

    Join our club......Its FREE  !!!!!!! 




Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon