River Irk Rainbows.

As we set off to out on our grayling hunt
Adam said . . . . 
quite matter of fact. . . . . 
" Do you fancy grabbing your rainbow trout and River Irk pb in one hit before we go searching for the ladies ?
I can guarantee you a two pounder at the very least. !!!!!!!!!
" Lets do it " I said. 
" Its took us long enough to get a
fishing session together "
Lol.
Ten minutes later we were stealthily, crawling though the undergrowth looking for some local trout action.
As Adam had declared it did not take long.
He spotted a good fish straight away and with a couple of well aimed casts put the bunch of maggots right past its nose . . . . . . 
and the bait was readily ignored
on every occasion 
!!!!!!!!
" Cootesie, pass us a worm mate " came a whisper deep inside the undergrowth "
I quickly did his bidding and after few more trots down and we were still without a bite.
On the last couple of  casts I noticed Adam jig the worm on the retrieve
and made a metal note of that.
This time a lump burst out of the far bank bramble cover and smashed into his worm
" ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC TO WATCH "
His lightly balanced float set up screamed off down stream.
Adam had her under control within seconds and I did the honours, scrambled trough the vegetation and scooped up his prize.
A lovely chunky rainbow trout was his reward.
Take a look.
😁
We reckoned about 2.5 - 3 lbs
A very chunky fish.
!!!!!!!
Right Mr Cootes your turn next . . . . . and we strolled passed a few runs but Adam just shook his head and
Said 
" We are tight for time Mike.
 I will put you on the banker peg. You will get a hook up first trot through " .
As we arrived at our run you could literally see the dorsal fins of the fish break the surface while feeding.
I hurriedly baited up a big worm on a size 12s hook and began my first trot.
Half way down the run I lost sight of my float for a second  as Adam bellowed
" Strike Mike strike. . . . .
its well under "
 !!!!!
As I hit the bite the rod doubled over and all hell broke lose. 
!!!!!!
The river was a foot deep here so the fish have nowhere to go except out and up. . . . 
This one took to the air within seconds tail walking down stream.
Adam was laughing his head off !!!!!!
I told you a first time hook up !!!!!!
Didn't I tell you Mike
 ?????
😆😆😆😆😆
I was concentrating on the aerial battle I was engrossed in with this trout !!!!!!!
Time after time pulsing runs made the clutch sing then taking to the air in a bid for freedom.
" These fish are in steroids " I said, 
just as the fish started to tire.
She was a little smaller than Adams fish and was guesstimated at around two pounds but by god she fought like hell in the shallow waters of the River Irk
!!!!!
" Right . . . . . That's done "  
Adam mumbled. 
Now lets get on the motorway and chase some ladies. 

TTFN


Peanut.

If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link.

Join our club......Its FREE !!!!!!!









Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Lathe Made Pike Bobber - First Effort. . . .😊

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon