Home Made Roving Box By "The Casterman"

Hi all,

I have been after a light roving box for quite some time now but could never decide on which one to buy........plus they are nearly £200

😲😲😲😲😲

After finishing some ........

Loaded Antenne Bodied Wagglers for my mate 

"The Casterman" 

he said.......

" Don't buy one lad". 

"I have just what you need here.....the bits anyway". 

"I've been meaning to make one out of all the bits I have accumlated over the years"......Lol.

I have been using an old Shakespeare Box which is very light but a little cumbersum to carry and I do miss my Octoplus type gadgets, although I will need some 25mm fittings. I was over the moon we he said he could sort me out with one.

PM me If anyone has accessores for 25mm square legs. I will happily meet up and swap for an avon float hand made by myself.

It has taken a while to finish it as we have both been very busy of late.

Here it is ......

"The Casterman Roving Box"


From start to finish....

If I want to go super light I can just use the frame and a foam seat
If I want to go light there is the proper cushion seat.
Here is the full seat, tray & draws.
I just need some attachments for 25mm square legs now. 😁
I am really please with this.

Many thanks Derek.

I am lucky I have such talanted an generous friends.

😊

It will serve me well during the week on my Yorkshire Dewent adventures and will be a godsend on some of the longer treks on more local rivers.

PS: To recipricate this kind act I am turning Derek a new chair leg for a sentimental piece of furniture that has recently been damaged. 

I have only turned the wood round so far though......I need to get my act together!!!




TTFN

Peanut.

Please subscribe if you would like regular updates of my adventures with the floats I make.

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2021/02/handcrafted-floats-fishing-equipment.html?m=1

    Join our club......Salford Friendly Anglers...........Its FREE  
!!!!!!! 




Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon