Painted & Stained Avons with Hardwood Stems

Hi all,

Below are a pair of 

"Painted & Stained Avons"





These are the same build as the previous balsa avons (4AAA + ) but this pair exhibit a greater amount of un-painted balsa on the body compared to the previous, fully painted versions.

Paints used were pastle yellow, white and fluorescent orange.

Threads used were black and yellow.




I tried to make these look traditional but I do like my fluorescent tips.

Four more of these are half finished and should be completed over the Christmas period.

I would also like to make these out of cork and have an order of cork coming, let's see if it arrives before christmas so I can get craking on the turner.


TTFN




  Peanut. 

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2017/01/handcrafted-floats-and-fishing.html?m=1  

    Join our club......Its FREE  !!!!!!! 







Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon