Float & Pin On A Yorkshire Pool

 I have, once again been struggling to get motivated to go fishing but finally made it out last night for a spot of centerpin float fishing on a lovely scenic pool in Yorkshire.

I decided to fish the lift method down the margins to see what the pool offered and  opted for one of my standard, banded porcupine quills in fluorescent yellow and white.

Baits used were corn and bread....loose feeding liquidised bread and hemp.

The session started off slowly. 

I had a few lifts and bobs but nothing solid.

A few blows around my feed built up my confidence so I introduced a little more liquidised bread and hemp.

Straight after the new bait was introduced my float bobbed, then buried and I was into one of the small resident bream.

A few more bream graced my net and to be honest I was just happy sitting there in the sun catching a few fish, taking in all the atmosphere of this lovely little lake when polite voice behind me bid me said 

"Good evening" ...... 

it was the owners wife. 

We had never met before but a long conversation ensued about the lakes fish, wild life and what had been spotted there in the past.

Our conversation was rudely interupted by a screaming noise coming from my Bob James pin.

I quickly got back into fishing mode and after a minute had the fish under control.

My initial thoughts were .....

" It could be an Crucian PB" 

until I looked at the dorsal fin.

It turned out to be an F1 but a very pretty fish and I was pleased to make its acquaintance.

"At least it is an F1 point for my rod race competition !!!!" I muttered, a little disappointed......

Breaking The Surface Rod Race Competition link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Breakingsurface/permalink/2551298358347743/

After a good long chat and a few tips I paid for my day ticket and got back to fishing.

This little pool can throw up some nice commons every now and again and tonight was my lucky night !!!!!

😉

As my hand made porcupine quill did a merry little dance then buried I lifted into my next fish.

The pin screamed off and wrapped my knuckles......lo 

(what a lovely sound that is)

The Harrison SU hooped over and i was into a better stamp of fish.

This fish motored around everywhere, hit every lilly bed it could find, snagged me a few times, but eventually succumbed to the Harrison's pressure.

It was a lovely looking fish. 


Quick snaps for the blog where taken and the fish rested until recovered then released.

The common and crucian hybrid were the highlight of the day.


Roach and bream kept me interested until the light faded and I was forced to pack up.


A good session to get my fishing juices flowing once more.

I should be back on the banks next week.....possible on the derwent.

TTFN




  Peanut. 

 If you would like to look at my handcrafted  click on the link below.     https://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2017/01/handcrafted-floats-and-fishing.html?m=1  

    Join our club......Its FREE  !!!!!!! 




Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon