JAYSS and Tinca Sticks - Love at first Bite !!!!!!!!!!


I have met lots of friendly blokes and good fishermen at Salford Friendly Anglers meetings in the past. One of these fine anglers being John or JAYS as he is known on facebook.

On Tuesday I received a message from John asking if I had finished a batch of floats.
 I have been making for him.

" The Tinca Sticks and Irwell Sticks are done pal but the pike and perch floats still need sorting “
 I replied.

“ GREAT . I am desperate for the Tinca Sticks as my tench season is well underway.
Can we meet up soon “ ?

John lives in Stockport, I live in Whitefield so we arranged to meet about half way in Chadderton at a pub called The Boat & Horses right on the Rochdale Canal , an SFA stretch.
 I landed at the allotted time,16.15, and text John of my arrival. I was rummaging around in my boot looking for some floats when I heard a voice I have not heard for well over two months
 “ Hellow Mike “........ It was John.
I hadn’t seen him in ages. We said our hellows as I was picking his Tinca Sticks & Irwell Sticks from my bag.

 “ Are they ok for you John ????

“ Superb "

came a whisper from John......😊



“ I can’t wait to use the Mike. I lost two good tench the night before last. Both were hook pulls and were both good fish. Lets I hope I can get a good one of my new floats. I will send u a picture if I do pal “

We had a great chat about all things piscatorial for what seemed like five minutes but was actually forty five minutes....

" Shite "

"I am going to be late home John but, before I go I will show you where I used to catch some nice tench on the canal ".

 We drove for ten minutes until we arrived a my tench stretch and walked the bank. John seem a little excited as it was new to him and he was going to try it now as his kit was in the back of his car.. He promised to send me some pictures of his captures later on that day.

I got a text about four hours later.........

NOT A SNIFF .....
NOTHING .......
NOT SO MUCH AS A SUCKED GRUB .......
MR COOTES !!!!!!

I felt a little sheepish as I has suggested this stretch to John but I haven’ t fished it for a very long time.

“ Not to worry Mike "

" I will get some pictures tomorrow. I am off to a nice little pond I know of for a couple of hours“

Sure enough on Saturday afternoon my phone pinged a few times........
I looked at my phone, its was a message and some pictures off john.....
This is part of Johns message made me laugh.........

“ Had a session this morning with a medium tinca.  I have to say it was love at first bite!!!!!  LMAO

Pictures curtesy of John.
😁😁😁😁😁😁

One of Johns " Tinca Sticks " in action.

Johns mornings catch on a Tinca Stick.



2lb 9oz Crucian.
6lb plus common.

Well done John. I am looking forward to our grayling session, on the Goyt, latter on in the year pal.


Check out JayS blog its great stuff.



TTFN



Peanut.

If you would like to look at all of the hand crafted floats I make please click on the link below and it will take you to my float page.


Join Salford Friendly Anglers for free and help us fight pollution.

http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/join/



Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon