Pike Fishing - Black Opps - Breaking The Surface - November 2014.

Pike Fishing - Black Opps - Breaking The Surface...


Had a one hour window to catch a pike for my Breakingthesurface Rod Race point.

Mission - not to get caught of the Mrs.........LOL


In true Black Opps fasion nothing went by the numbers. I got to the res and left my rubber shads at home.........DOOW...
I then walk up to the hill and realised I had left my landing net in the mighty Megan. ????...... DOUBLE DOOW


When I eventually got to the top of the hill it was brilliant sun shine and the water was gin clear.


Got my reliable Aldi spoon out of my spinner box. (The only lures I had brought with me and tried a few tentative chucks not really expecting much.  I was already thinking about parents evening with my son at Holly Cross College when, on my second cast..........WOLLOP my 10 g lure rod hoofed round and the clutch on my Shimano 1010 screamed......bloody sh*t my pants I kid you not..............................
5 mins later the fist pike of the season was in my landing net and a point earned for the rod race...????. Think she weighed about 5lbs , happy days.

These light lure rods are the bollocks when fishing for anything under 10 lb.



Had another one after that about 7lb and three other takes. This fish really took me around the houses. As you have probably guessed I am not an experienced pike angler but I enjoy it and always take extra care of my quarry when playing them on such light tackle. I always nurse them back to fitness in the shallows before admiring them slope off into the depths.

 

Very enjoyable hour spent.


TTFN

Peanut.


Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon