Irwell Stick Float Mk2

After my recent grayling session with
 Adam Mack we sat down at the car and had a chat.
http://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2018/09/chasing-ladies-with-adam-mack_2.html?m=1
The subject revolved around the shop bought, shouldered, 2 no4's stick floats we were both using.
Adam liked them.
I didn't.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought the fine tip needed removing for the fast runs we were fishing as they where of little use.
I decided to make some miniature
" Irwell Stick Floats "
( Larger versions to follow )
 to try out the next time we go together.
The two below are hand turned from balsa with an aluminium stem taking two and three no4's respectively.
These also have quite a steep tapper to reduce weight capacity and give a wide visible tip.
I have some larger ones under construction for larger rivers
I'm looking forward to trying these the next time we go Adam.
😉
A twenty pence piece was added to give the picture some scale.7
Here is my
3 no4's Irwell Stick MK2
VS
the shop bought 2 no4's stick.
The tip of the shop bought float was too fine for me but to be fair it was probably designed for a slower river.
I couldn't see it at distance plus the current kept dragging it under on some of the runs.
Lets hope we can catch a few of these wonderful fish.
😁
TTFN
Peanut.

If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link.

Join our club......Its FREE !!!!!!!





Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon