New Glow In The Dark & Fluorescent Porcupine Quills

After my first attempt at antique looking porcupine quills  . . . . .

http://purplepeanut007.blogspot.com/2018/01/retro-quills-for-summer-tenching.html?m=1

I quite fancied making
 some more
but with a more modern look.
I decided to make just two floats to begin with.
One float in 
" Glow In The Dark Yellow "
and the second in 
" Day Glow Red / Pink ".
Taking approximately 3BB the glow in the dark quill has multiple white and yellow segments near the tip of the float to aid in bite detection,
metallic gold whippings, a violet band in the centre and black tippets on both ends.
The painted section is a favourite colour of mine !!!!
Metallic Pearlescent Blue.
Looks great when the suns rays hit it.
😁
The red / pink tipped quill is made in a similar style but I have emitted the gold whippings and used a rich, vibrant red in its place.
The central violet band is also absent on this float as I decided to leave it bare to show of the quills colours a little.
I can already see the red quill bobbing and waving in a patch of tench bubbles next to a bed of lilies
😉
Hopefully a nice tench will grace my net . . .   otherewise one of these perhaps ?
A little common caught testing the 
" Carp Stalkers "
on the local commercial.

I have a few more ideas for modifying my porcupine quills and will be posting a few more in due course so keep your eyes peeled for a few more styles.
😁

If I get my act together I should have some fish and float pictures with these two little fellas fairly soon.

TTFN

Peanut.

If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link.

Join our club......Its FREE !!!!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon