"Casterman" and "The Peanut" - The Bromance Continues 🤣

A long overdue social session had been orgsnised by

" The Casterman "

on the Irwell. . . . . Unfotunately

"Bald Eagle"
was working and

"Salfold Pete" 
was on taxie duties to the hospital all day 

so it was just myself and Derek Kenyon for this session.

We arrived around tea time and settled down fishing next to each other for the first forty minutes.

Fist things first. I present Casterman with the but section of his Tricast XRS float rod.
I had replaced the butt eye for him and he seemed impressed with my efforts.
I am no Andrew Boyne but it seemed pretty good to me.

 I had the better peg of the two but the session did not start off to well for either of us with a bumped fish, then I lost another. I was glad the Casterman was out of site, hidden behind an overhanging beech tree. He would have chastised me relentlessly if he would have seen me lose two fish !!!!!!!!!

At the thrid bite of the cherry I got a hook up.
These trout on the Irwell dont half fight !!!!!!
I was fishing on the centerpin which made the fight even more enjoyable.
😁

This one was a tail walker !!!!!!!!!
and gave Derek a fright as it bolted up from the depths like a Great White Shark !!!!!!!!
Only to splash down right in Derek's peg.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

" What the bloody hell have you hooked into there Peanut "
??????? 
Trout ?????
" Yes pal.
Sorry she has messed up your 
swim "......😉
I said as I carefully played the fish out in the shallows.

" Not to worry Mike. I was struggling anyway.
I'll come round, get some pictures have a good look at her.
As The Casterman scurried through the under growth to see my capture he shouted to me.
" Give me your phone lad.
I will do a quick video while we are together "
Remember . . ... no swearing Derek !!!!!!!
and be carfull Casterman.
One day you will end up flat on your arse !!!!!!
LMAO
Ten minutes later Casterman upped sticks and moved off, down stream to one of his favourite runs while I tried another run upstream.

I struggled in my second run. I managed one good trout and got snapped on 6lb line !!!!!!!
Don't get too excited !!!!!!!!!!
I think it was a bite off from a good trout.
I gave Casterman a call.
" How you getting on Derek "
 ???
" Mike . . . . . its solid down here. I have had a chub about a pound and three quarters, lost a big chub and had about twelve trout.
Get down here on the next run !!!!!!!!
They ma be there too mate "
 !!!!!

I packed up quickly and started the long walk down stream to The Casterman.

Ten minutes later and knackered !!!!!!!!
I arrived at Castermans swim.
" Got a nice surprise for you in my landing net Mike" !!!!

It was a big brownie of around 4 lbs.
See for yourself.
She was a belter . . . . .
and still exhausted from the fight.
Trout are like barbel in that respect, give their all in the fight and sometimes need careful handling before releasing.
I watched the Casterman brush up  on his Waggler skills as he usually fishes the stick float where possible.
Still knackered I plonked myself on the next run and started fishing.

I struggled once more but had a few trout and lost a few.
Casteman had had his purple patch and things had slowed for him also, although, he did  have a few more, all trout.

We packed up in the twilight and headed off to a chippy he new and both devoured pudding chips and gravy.

We discussed our next session in a few weeks, hopefully on the River Mersey and decided to see if we could persuade a couple of other lads to join us.
( Ribble Pete & Bald Eagle )

If it fishes it will be a really good blog.

Until the next time. . . . . . 
😊

TTFN
Peanut

If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link.

http://purplepeanut007.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/handcrafted-floats-2017.html?m=1

Join our club
Its free !!!!!!






Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon