Alloy Stemed Oval Avon With A Feather Inlay

I have been meaning to make this pattern for a while as a number of friends have asked for one.

This and the perch bobber are the most attractive looking floats in in my opinion.
I don't know why I like them them the most,
I just do.

This is a maggot, caster and bread punch float for roach on running water.
Sporting a metallic, pearlescent blue body with
black, purple and gold whippings. It has a jay feather inlay and an alloy stem to give the float increased balance and stability.

Weight capacity is approximately
3 AAA







I can see this running down the Lower Irwell in the next week or two !!!!!
😉

I have made a similar version before but with a cane stem. It worked very well but I know the alloy stemmed version above will perform much better for me on the rivers I fish.

Here is the first version.

A good first attempt at the pattern but the new alloy stemmed version is more pleasing to the eye and will perform better in my opinion.

What do you think ?

Until the next time . . . . .

TTFN
Peanut

If you would like to look at my handcrafted floats just hit the link. 😊
http://purplepeanut007.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/handcrafted-floats-2017.html?m=1

Join our club
Its free !!!!!!






Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon