Inserted Stick Float- Silver Session - Tony Peet takes It Through Its Paces.

Tony Peet very kindly took my

" Inserted Stick Float "

For a testing session. 

Below are the results of his findings.
😊

" I decided to have a quick go on the River Ribble this morning. The sun was just rising and with a clearish sky,  I knew I would need to make the most of the first few hours of the day.

The swim I picked was quite deep and the flow about half walking pace. I had decided to fish two lines, one a rod length or so out about 6ft deep, the other would be mid river  11ft.

 Before I set up in a swim I know I normally feed it.

I was loose feeding hemp corn and maggot. Straight way I had a problem. I had took my best catapult out last week and not replaced it 😣. The only one I had was my winter maggot one for short range feeding. Not the best start!!  I managed twenty or so mini pouches of  bait and BANG the elastic broke!! Well,  I had got some corn across and I could feed the near line by hand, but it didn't stop me bemoaning my stupidity. . . . LOL 😣

I decided to to fish Mikes
 " Purple Peanut Inserted Stick Float "

 I have been meaning to give it its first outing for a while and today was the day.  

At range in deep water it performed well and cast like a missile, more importantly I could see it. I shotted from 6ft to the hook length.  The bites started from the off mainly roach a few chub, dace and gudgeon in the net as well had around 15lb to 20lb.

A decent session and the float performed well. I am looking forward to the Grayling float we discussed for the coming winter.

Tony. "

Tony Peet with a quality roach from a different session.

Thanks for testing my float Tony. I am glad you liked it.

I will be having a try at that Grayling pattern we discussed soon. One will be in the post to you when I am happy with it.

Now that session will be a top blog. 😉

Until the next time……….


TTFN



Peanut.

If you would like to look at all of the hand crafted floats I make please click on the link below and it will take you to my float page.


Join Salford Friendly Anglers for free and help us fight pollution.

http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/join/






Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon