Barbel Stick Float - Independant Review By Andrew Boyne .

Barbel Stick Float Independant Review By Andrew Boyne

Andrew approached me a few weeks ago to see if I would like my Barbel Stick Floats reviewing indipendantly.

Andrew is a respected angler and the holder of the River Irwell Wild Brown Trout record.
Not caught on my floats may I add....lol

Here is his un-edited review below.

--------------

     Sometimes it's the little things in life that give us the most happiness. Take the humble fishing float for example. It was with great joy that I received my beautifully hand crafted Barbel Stick last Thursday, a creation of expert local Float maker Mike Cootes. 

Feather Inlayed Barbel Stick Floats
It was an anxious few days before I could get to the River Ribble but I finally got to give it a run through the Ribble this afternoon. It was a really enjoyable afternoons fishing watching a lovely float meander down the river. First run down produced a Brown Trout which did it's best to mess up my carefully prepared swim by jumping all over the place.
 Initial thoughts were that this float performs as well as it looks. I would normally use a 3 swan loafer in this swim, but having no weight to them, they do tend to get pulled around by turbulence in the water and any cross wind. The chunky alloy stem of the Barbel Stick helps it hold it's line much better than a loafer.

 Why hadn't I used one before?

Because you can't by 3 swan alloy sticks in the shops!!! This fact alone makes using a hand crafted Barbel Stick all the more special. 

Over the next couple of hours a dozen nice chub came to the net before finally the heavy weights moved in.
. A trio of nice Barbel ended the afternoon and helped the Barbel Stick live up to it's name.

A very impressive performance on it's first outing. Not only does the float hold it's line well, it can be held back with hardly any lift or wobble and also has the ability to carry a large bait. This will be 1st choice float in future Barbel trips and I now know what I want from the missus this Christmas - a few more of these, perhaps with a little sparkle . . ;)

------------

I think he is refering to these :






Well Andrew what can I say. Thanks very much for your review & artical regarding my Barbel Stick Floats.

I will have to join your club so we can have have a day together on the stick and pin.
....................

If you would like to look at all of the hand crafted floats I make please click on the link below and it will take you to my float page.


TTFN

PEANUT.

Comments

Popular Posts

HANDCRAFTED FLOATS & FISHING EQUIPMENT 2021-2024

Mini Driftbeaters....The Christening

River Irwell PB On A New Mini- Alloy Stem Avon